Monday, October 01, 2007

Oultine - Ready to Go

Well, it certainly has been awhile since I've written anything! I have no excuses other than plain old busy-ness. But I just finished the outline for "Choosing Zoey" (the book) and decided to post it here for the world to see...

Chapter One/The Journey Begins
The journey begins as we make the decision to adopt/foster parent, after years of infertility and indecision about parenting other people's children.

Chapter Two/Peace, Be Still
After making peace with the thought of never having biological children, we joyfully moved towards adoption without regret.

Chapter Three/Thank You, Thank You, Thank You - my Miss America moment
Finding out we are unexpectedly pregnant, we decide to continue our adoption plan - to the surprise of the people around us

Chapter Four/Meeting the Glitter Fairy?
We meet Missy and go through the process of being selected to parent her

Chapter Five/Our Girl is Finally Home
The moment I claimed Zoey as my child

Chapter Six/From Here to There
We begin to get to know Missy and experience the ups and downs of all she has to offer.

Chapter Seven/You Don’t Want This
Zoey moves in and the testing begins

Chapter Eight/Bottom
We find out about the rape, my friends pull their support, Zoey pulls out all her hair, Lino Lakes, no more boyfriends for Zoey

Chapter Nine/God Bless The Broken Road
We survive the rape and the tests, we make it to finalization

Chapter Ten/Choosing Zoey Without Loosing Me
How I parent this kid without loosing it or loosing myself

Feedback anyone?